I have been getting e-mails about the swiffer wetjet. here is the e-mail:
Recently a neighbor of mine had to have their 5-year old German
> > Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely
> > healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to learn
> > the cause of the problem. The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the
> > had ingested poison of some kind! The dog is kept inside, and when he's
> > outside, someone's with him, so the idea of him getting into
> > something unknown was hard to accept.
> > My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When
> > to the Swiffer Wetjet he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning
> > "may be harmful to small children and animals." He called the company to
>ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find
>out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients. (Actually he was told it's a
>compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze).
> > Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the
> > solution, then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the
> > solution to destroy its liver. Soon after his dog's death, his
> > housekeepers' two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the
> > Swiffer Wet jet for quick cleanups on their floors. Necropsies
>weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked
>that we spread the word to as many people as possible so they don't
>lose their animals. This is equally harmful to babies and small
>children that play on the floor a lot and put their fingers in their mouths
> > PLEASE, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN OR OWN A PET
> > --
> > PLEASE FORWARD THIS ONE!
Please tell if this is true due to the fact that I have one and use it around my child and animals.
Thank you so much for your help!!!!
|Powered by Social Strata|